- Kennesaw Wins Best and Brightest in Wellness Award
- Big Shanty Festival, Smith-Gilbert Gardens Named in Best of Cobb List
- Dale Hughes Takes Over as Museum Foundation President
- Smith-Gilbert Gardens Seeks Volunteers
- Council Actions Summary, February 1 Meeting
- Kennesaw Hosting February Blood Drive
- Kennesaw Ranked in Top 20 Safest Georgia Cities
Why donate blood? Blood is a perishable product that can only come from volunteer donors. The need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped save lives. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code KP&R or call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Get up-close and personal with dozens of larger-than-life trucks, heavy construction and public safety equipment, cool cars and specialty vehicles. Meet vehicle owners and operators and have a blast watching your kids touch, climb on and interact with this awesome exhibition of transportation. Admission is free. Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Touch-A-Truck is an exciting and educational annual community event hosted by the City of Kennesaw’s Parks & Recreation, Public Works and Police Departments. If you or your company has a unique vehicle that you’d like to bring out, please contact Special Events Coordinator Laurel Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treat your family to a buffet including hot and ready pancakes served with bacon and sausage; as well as a medley of fresh fruit and delicious breakfast sweets. Everyone’s favorite cottontail will be making his way from table to table to say hello to all the boys and girls. Be sure to bring your camera to capture all the memories. Seatings are available from 8 to 9:15 a.m. or 10 to 11:15 a.m. Tickets are only $6 per person and can be purchased online (click here) or at the Ben Robertson Community Center. Advance purchase is required. Tickets are non-refundable after March 11. Children two (2) years of age and under do not need a ticket; however they must sit on an adult’s lap.
2ND ANNUAL EASTER EGG HUNT at Smith-Gilbert Gardens
Pre-Registration Only –
Limited Number of Guests per Hunt
Mark your calendars, Smith-Gilbert Gardens is hosting their 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 26th! The garden will be open during normal business hours (9am – 4pm) for general admission, but in order to participate in an Easter Egg Hunt you must pre-register for your hunt online at www.smithgilbertgardens.com. Unfortunately, due to limited availability and space, no walk up registrations will be accepted.
Your entry fee includes garden admission, 1 Easter egg hunt, prizes, crafts, and a chance to meet the Easter Bunny. The price for non-member children is $10.00 and adult entry is $7.00. SGG Members enjoy a discounted rate and the opportunity to register early. Early registration for members will open on February 22nd. Non-member registration will open on March 1st. The Event is Rain or Shine – in cases of severe weather, we will allow Easter Egg Hunt Tickets to be used as a general admission pass for another date.
There will be three different age groups and the hunts will take place in three separate Garden Collections. This means that each age group will have a hunt that will match their skill level. We are also limiting the number of children per hunt in order to guarantee a quality experience for each visitor. Pre-registration will be available for each age group/time slot. Due to the limited space, we will not be selling tickets on the day of the event. This event is Pre-Registration ONLY.
All Easter Eggs will be filled with tickets, where children will have the chance to choose their own prizes from our Prize Table based on the number of tickets they collected from their eggs. Also don’t miss the opportunity to take some great family photos in the Garden while the flowers are blooming!
Day of Event Details:
- Register for your Hunt and find out more at smithgilbertgardens.com or email email@example.com with questions.
- We suggest arriving at least 30 to 45 minutes prior to your hunt to park or take the shuttle as well as check in with admission. You must check in with admission before entering the event.
- Sponsorship opportunities and vendor requests are also available.
- The Event is Rain or Shine – in cases of severe weather, we will allow Easter Egg Hunt Tickets to be used as a general admission pass for another date.
- We are located at 2382 Pine Mountain Rd. Kennesaw, GA 30152 (770) 919-0248
Parking is Available on Site (but very limited)
- Complimentary Shuttle Service will be available from Ben Robert’s Community Center (also known as Adam’s Park) at 2753 Watts Dr, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
- You will not receive a physical ticket in the mail. You name will be put on a list, but please bring your email confirmation if you paid online. (digital or printed)
- Please bring your membership card if you are receiving the member discount.