Reserve a picnic area for your next social gathering. Swift-Cantrell Park has three 1,320-square-foot open-air pavilions, each with enough picnic tables to accommodate 60 people. Each pavilion has two charcoal grills. There is no lighting under the pavilions and no electrical outlets.
Rules & Policies
- Pavilions may be reserved Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pavilions must be vacated at dark. Rentals require a two (2) hour minimum.
- Rentals are required for all groups consisting of 25 people or more.
- No one under 18 years of age is permitted to reserve facilities. Rental applicant must provide adequate supervision.
- Rental applicant is responsible for leaving pavilion site in a clean and orderly condition by the rental end time. This includes the disposing of all waste in trash cans, wiping down all picnic tables (including seating), cleaning up all spills, and extinguishing charcoal fires (if grills were used). If picnic tables are moved, they must be returned to their original location. Failure to comply will result in loss of security deposit.
- Rental time must include setup and clean up. Please allow appropriate time for setup before the event and clean up after the event.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we do not guarantee the condition of the pavilion upon arrival, or parking availability.
- All vehicles must park in parking lots.
- No tents or canopies are permitted without prior approval.
- No signage may be erected. No flyers, brochures or literature may be distributed without prior approval from the Parks & Recreation Director.
- Fires are permitted in park-supplied grills only. Rental applicant must provide charcoal. Gas grills are NOT permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited, except in parking lots.
- Amplified sound is prohibited. Please keep music at an acceptable (low) volume so that it will not infringe upon other park users or adjacent neighbors.
- Commercial use of the pavilions is prohibited. No sales of any kind may take place without prior approval from the Parks & Recreation Director.
- No special entertainment and equipment (e.g., moonwalks, dunk tanks or inflatables) are permitted without prior approval from the Parks & Recreation Director.
- Animals are not permitted under the pavilions.
- No decorations or temporary fixtures may be affixed to pavilions, picnic tables or grills with tape, nails, tacks, staples, or any application that will cause irreversible damage.
- Cancellation Policy: Rentals cancelled in writing 15 days prior to the event date will be subject to a cancellation fee of $15.00. No refunds will be given for cancellations made with less than 15 days notice.
- Inclement Weather Policy: Refunds will not be issued due to weather conditions existing on your event date, however a credit for future use of a pavilion may be granted at the discretion of the Parks & Recreation Director.
Refundable Security Deposit: $50.00
City of Kennesaw Resident: $10.00 per hour (2 hour minimum)
Non-Resident: $30.00 per hour (2 hour minimum)
You are considered a city resident if you live within the incorporated city limits of Kennesaw. You are considered a non-resident if you live outside the incorporated city limits of Kennesaw. A Kennesaw postal address does not, in itself, determine residency.
How to view "real time" availability of picnic pavilions:
- Click here to access our Online Registration site.
- Click the "Reservations" link on the top of your screen.
- Click the "View Facilities" button.
- You will be presented with a simple list of facilities, including "Picnic Pavilion" and dates to choose from.
- Click on the month (e.g., May) in the "Reserved Dates" column beside the facility that you are interested in checking availability. A month calendar view will display. A time block (e.g., 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.) on a specific date indicates the facility is already reserved for that date/time.
For additional assistance, please call (770) 422-9714 during our regular office hours.
How to reserve a picnic pavilion:
Reservations must be made in-person during regular office hours, Monday through Friday, and are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations for weekend rentals must be made by Thursday at 5:00 p.m. Full payment and refundable (damage/cleaning) deposit is due at the time of reservation.
To reserve a facility, a Picnic Pavilion Rental Agreement must be completed, signed and returned to the Parks & Recreation Department.
The City of Kennesaw reserves the right to refuse application for good cause or to revoke the rental applicant's permit privileges. If this occurs, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible.