Contact Economic Development

Robert Fox
2529 J O Stephenson Ave
Kennesaw, GA 30144


Economic Development

The Economic Development Department serves the city by encouraging economic growth through attracting and retaining business and industry, promoting small business development, supporting commercial revitalization and encouraging tourism. Economic growth improves our quality of life by maintaining and improving the tax base and increasing the number and variety of job opportunities available to local residents.

The department focuses on expanding business and assisting new commercial and industrial enterprises to locate in the city. We aim to create an environment responsive to the concerns of residents and the development community and we do our best to invite and encourage investments from outside.

Download the Ribbon Cutting Form to apply for a new business ribbon cutting event.


Projects & Events

Seasonal activities give residents and visitors plenty of reasons to spend time in Kennesaw. Two initiatives hosted by the Downtown Development Authority offer shopping and dining alternatives that celebrate the warm weather. On Mondays, food trucks gather in Depot park for the weekly Dinner at the Depot from 5-8 pm (weather permitting). On Tuesdays, local growers, bakers, and crafters showcase their wares from 7 am – 1 pm in Adams Park at the Kennesaw Farmers Market. Learn about both at the Downtown Development Authority website.


New Business Openings




Frequently Asked Questions

Economic Development

Is my business in a commercial or residential area?

RESIDENTIAL if the business is operated out of your home; or you have a mobile business with your home address as your business address.

A home occupation affidavit must be completed, notarized, and approved by the Zoning Administrator.  This form is available at both the Business License Office and the Planning & Zoning Department.  Notaries are available on staff.

If you are a renter you will also need:

(1) Privately owned home: a notarized letter from the homeowner, and a copy of your lease agreement.

(2) Apartment complex: a letter from the property manager, on letterhead, along with the lease agreement, will be sufficient.

(3) The letter must state that the homeowner/ property owner is allowing the home based business.

COMMERCIAL locations must contact Building Services at (770) 429-4554 or email to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.

How do I get approval to build in the City?

You may download the checklist from the Document Center on our home page. Contact Building Services if you need assistance to complete the paperwork.

Where can I get information about bringing my business into the City of Kennesaw?

The first step is to contact the Planning and Zoning Department to verify what the property is zoned and if it is already in the City Limits. Please contact them at (770) 590-8268.

Kennesaw Commentaries

Swift-Cantrell is the city’s largest community park at 42 acres. It boasts several playgrounds, picnic pavilions, trails, green spaces, a dog park, and a 40,000 square foot, all-concrete Street League certified skatepark.