The Kennesaw area has an array of educational opportunities. Regardless of education level or field of interest, there is a place for every student. The quality of education throughout the area is everyone’s business and Kennesaw’s future relies on the ability to offer a quality education for all.
Cobb County School District
Students enrolled in the Cobb County School District continue to be among the top performers in the nation, with scores on the SAT and Iowa Test of Basic Skills significantly higher than state and national averages.
Below is a list of district schools serving the Kennesaw area.
- Baker Road Elementary School
- Big Shanty Intermediate School
- Bullard Elementary School
- Hayes Elementary School
- Kennesaw Elementary School
- Kennesaw Charter School
- Awtrey Middle School
- Barber Middle School
- McClure Middle School
- Palmer Middle School
- Pine Mountain Middle School
- Harrison High School
- Kell High School
- Kennesaw Mountain High School
- North Cobb High School
Private (Non-Public) Schools
Kennesaw has a number of private non-sectarian, parochial, Montessori and special needs and day care facilities fostering educational competition and offering parental choice in education.
Kennesaw area colleges, technical schools and universities offer some of the finest programs in the state. Below is a list of post-secondary institutions serving the Kennesaw area.
- Kennesaw State University (KSU) is the third-largest university in the University System of Georgia. It has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as an “Up-and-Coming” school. KSU has a growing student population of more than 23,000 students from 142 countries, and offers more than 65 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including doctorates in education and business. KSU has received national accolades for its emphasis on student success, campus life and the quality of its academics.
- ITT Technical Institute is committed to helping men and women develop the skills and knowledge to pursue many opportunities in today’s fastest growing career fields, including electronics, web development, computer programming,computer networking, computer drafting and design, criminal justice, business and health sciences. Over 100 campuses are located nationwide, including a Kennesaw campus on Jiles Rd.
- Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) is a residential, co-educational member of the University System of Georgia located in Marietta. Students study the sciences and technologies in a unique, practical manner, providing an education that is career-based and balanced. Approximately 4,000 students from 35 states and 82 countries attend SPSU.
- Chattahoochee Technical College is a fully accredited, state-supported postsecondary technical college with programs designed to prepare individuals for entering the workforce, transfer to another college or university, enhance present job skills, or get a head start on college while still attending high school.
- North Metro Technical College offers both traditional and web-based educational options that include individual courses, certificates, diplomas and associate degrees, as well as adult literacy,economic development and personal enrichment programs.
- Life University is a private, non-profit institution offering first professional, graduate and undergraduate degree programs and postgraduate education in the fields of health care, science, nutrition and business.