The City of Kennesaw Parks & Recreation Department is committed to providing public parks, facilities and recreation experiences that enrich the quality of life for area residents and visitors through dedicated staff, sound management and community involvement.
The vision of the City of Kennesaw Parks & Recreation Department is to be a premier provider of public parks, facilities, programs and special events. We achieve this by:
- Providing diverse opportunities for all ages and abilities
- Managing safe and secure facilities
- Promoting health and wellness
- Increasing cultural awareness
- Fostering human development
- Partnering with other public, private and non-profit entities
- Supporting community and economic development
- Delivering quality customer service
Our Core Values
- Service Oriented
- Working Together
The City of Kennesaw Parks & Recreation Department is a member of the Georgia Recreation and Park Association (GRPA) and the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). The department was recognized as the GRPA 2011 Agency of the Year.