Police Employment Opportunities
The City of Kennesaw Police Department is a progressive and innovative agency serving a diverse population of over 32,000 in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Kennesaw was named “One of America’s Top 10 Cities for Families” by Family Circle Magazine and was also recognized in the top ten percent of the 2016 Best Small Cities in America by website WalletHub.
The Kennesaw Police Department is currently accredited by the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police (GACP) and the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
THE DEPARTMENT IS ACTIVELY RECRUITING POLICE OFFICERS. PHYSICAL AGILITY TESTS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE CONDUCTED AT THE BEN ROBERTSON COMMUNITY CENTER, 2753 WATTS DR. TESTING IS AT 8 AM ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: February 3 and 17; March 3. TESTING IS AT 7 AM ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: March 17; April 7 and 21; May 5 and 19; June 9 and 23; July 7 and 21.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST.
Being a member of the Kennesaw Police Department not only offers an exciting chance to work in a vibrant and rapidly growing community, but also offers one of the best benefits packages in the metro area.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Take Home Car Program
- Education Incentives
- Wellness Program
- Georgia Municipal Association Retirement Program
- Signing Bonus: $3,000 for GA POST Certified Officers to be paid at the completion of probation
- Referral Bonus: $500 to any Police Department employee who successfully recruits a new officer; paid at the completion of probation
- Differential Pay: $1 per hour for police and correction officers who work evening shift (6 pm to 6 am)
- Differential Pay: $1 per hour for active FTOs
The first step in the hiring process is successful completion of the physical agility test. Applications will be provided upon successful completion of the physical agility testing. No appointment for testing is necessary. Please dress in appropriate attire for physical exercise and bring a photo ID. All physical agility testing is conducted at the Ben Robertson Community Center, 2753 Watts Drive. Your performance on a physical fitness test will determine your scores and you will be placed in one of three fitness bands; click here to download a document which provides a complete description of the physical fitness requirements and scoring.
All Police Applicants are required to complete the following:
- Physical Agility Test (complete before applying)
- Ga. POST Academy Entrance Exam (Ga. POST Certified Officers are Exempt)
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Exam/Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Drug Screen
- Hiring Board Interview
For more information regarding employment opportunities with the City of Kennesaw Police Department, contact Sgt Adam Hainline at 770.422.2505 Ext. 3200 or email.
The City of Kennesaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer.