The City Cemetery is located on the southwest edge of the downtown area at 300 Cemetery Road, the intersection of Cemetery Road and School Drive. It is located on the property of Camp McDonald, a former training ground for Georgia volunteers during the Civil War. Owned and operated by the City of Kennesaw, the City Cemetery is a non-sectarian cemetery that has provided the final resting place for area residents since 1863. The City Cemetery’s 8 acres of well-maintained grounds provide a beautiful and peaceful setting for visitors to remember loved ones.
The City Cemetery offers several burial options including:
- Single, companion, and family plots
- Ground interment of cremains
- Cremation Garden for scattering cremains as a “living monument” to those whose ashes are placed within this dedicated area. Individuals whose remains have been scattered in the garden are identified by a special memorial plaque on the garden wall.
Online Burial Search
To find the grave-site of specific individuals or to see what lots are available, please visit www.kennesaw.ga.govern.com.
The operation of the City Cemetery is governed by Chapter 46, City of Kennesaw Code of Ordinance.