The City Manager serves as chief operating officer of the city and is appointed by the Mayor & Council on the basis of qualifications and experience. Responsible for directing the day to day operations of city government, the City Manager serves as the chief policy advisor to the Mayor & Council.
Specific duties include:
- supervising and coordinating the operation of all city departments
- implementing directives
- enforcing codes, laws and ordinances
- submitting annual operating and capital budgets to the Mayor & Council and directing the administration of adopted budgets
- administering the personnel system
- providing public information including financial and other reports
- making recommendations to the Mayor & Council concerning the affairs of the city
- performing other duties as assigned by the Mayor & Council.