The Code Enforcement Division is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of Kennesaw by providing effective enforcement of City adopted ordinances, housing codes, and zoning codes. Code Enforcement strives to achieve compliance through:
- encouraging voluntary compliance with codes and ordinances
- educating citizens through neighborhood meetings, personal contact, and media outlets
- patrolling the city on a frequent and regular basis for violations
- responding promptly to citizen complaints
- coordinating services with other departments at the city, county, and state level and issuing court summons for violations when necessary
The City encourages citizens to participate in keeping Kennesaw a clean, safe place to live and raise families by obeying codes and reporting possible violations, particularly in these areas:
- Junk vehicles
- Overgrown yards or lots
- Illegal dumping
- Illegal signs
- Dilapidated housing
- Immediate Safety Concerns (abandoned refrigerators, unsecured pools, aggressive/vicious animals, etc.)
You can find a quick link to the city code of ordinances below. The relevant chapters are Environment (Chapter 46); Offenses (Chapter 62.6); Solid Waste (Chapter 74); and Zoning Appendix A.
Did You Know..
Not keeping your property maintained could affect the health and welfare of the community?
Kennesaw Ordinance Sec. 62-6
– Cleanliness of premises.
It shall be unlawful for the owner, or any person having control or management, of property, whether vacant or not, located within the city to permit and allow the growth of grass, rank vegetation, kudzu, underbrush and/or weeds on said property to a height greater than 12 inches above the ground level or permit the accumulation of any brush, garbage, garden trash, rubbish, or noxious material of any kind which tends to be a breeding place for mosquitoes, or tends to be a breeding place or haven for snakes or vermin of any kind or character, or which tends to create a fire hazard and endanger the lives and property of the citizens of the city, or which tends to create a nuisance or other unsightly or unsanitary condition.