Our team of business development professionals will do their best to make starting and running a business in Kennesaw a streamlined and pleasant experience. Getting your business successfully launched, then helping it thrive is our main goal.

So how do I get started?

Please refer to the links below for specific information about our process. Staff members will be glad to answer your questions and assist you with your paperwork; each link provides contact information for the city employee who can best help you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my business in a commercial or residential area?

RESIDENTIAL if the business is operated out of your home; or you have a mobile business with your home address as your business address.

A home occupation affidavit must be completed, notarized, and approved by the Zoning Administrator.  This form is available at both the Business License Office and the Planning & Zoning Department.  Notaries are available on staff.

If you are a renter you will also need:

(1) Privately owned home: a notarized letter from the homeowner, and a copy of your lease agreement.

(2) Apartment complex: a letter from the property manager, on letterhead, along with the lease agreement, will be sufficient.

(3) The letter must state that the homeowner/ property owner is allowing the home based business.

COMMERCIAL locations must contact Building Services at (770) 429-4554 or email to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.

Where can I get information about bringing my business into the City of Kennesaw?

The first step is to contact the Planning and Zoning Department to verify what the property is zoned and if it is already in the City Limits. Please contact them at (770) 590-8268 or email Darryl Simmons.

Where do I register my trade name?

Contact the Cobb County Superior Court at (770) 528-1360.