The Kennesaw area has an array of educational opportunities. Regardless of education level or field of interest, there is a place for every student. The quality of education throughout the area is everyone’s business and Kennesaw’s future relies on the ability to offer a quality education for all.
Cobb County School District
Students enrolled in the Cobb County School District continue to be among the top performers in the nation, with scores on the SAT and Iowa Test of Basic Skills significantly higher than state and national averages.
Below is a list of district schools serving the Kennesaw area.
- Baker Road Elementary School
- Big Shanty Intermediate School
- Bullard Elementary School
- Hayes Elementary School
- Kennesaw Elementary School
- Kennesaw Charter School
- Awtrey Middle School
- Barber Middle School
- McClure Middle School
- Palmer Middle School
- Pine Mountain Middle School
- Harrison High School
- Kell High School
- Kennesaw Mountain High School
- North Cobb High School
Private (Non-Public) Schools
Kennesaw has a number of private non-sectarian, parochial, Montessori and special needs and day care facilities fostering educational competition and offering parental choice in education.
Kennesaw area colleges, technical schools and universities offer some of the finest programs in the state. Below is a list of post-secondary institutions serving the Kennesaw area.
- Kennesaw State University (KSU) offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit, draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. The university’s alumni network is 100,000 strong. A Carnegie-designated doctoral institution, it is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country.
- Chattahoochee Technical College is a fully accredited, state-supported post-secondary technical college with programs designed to prepare individuals for entering the workforce, transfer to another college or university, enhance present job skills, or get a head start on college while still attending high school.
- Life University is a private, non-profit institution offering first professional, graduate and undergraduate degree programs and postgraduate education in the fields of health care, science, nutrition and business.