In 2019 the Mayor, Council Posts 1 and 2 are up for re-election in November. Qualifying fees were approved at 3% of the gross salary of each office: $576 for Mayor and $360 each for Council Posts 1 and 2, elected at-large. The City Council set the qualifying dates for the November 5, 2019 general election to be held in the City Hall Training Room, Monday through Wednesday, August 19, 20 and 21, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Are you 18 years old? Have you moved? Have you had a name change? Are you registered to vote? It’s an election year in the City of Kennesaw and every vote counts. For those who wish to have a voice in their community – this is your chance! At the local level your vote truly does count in a significant way. Have your voices heard and register to vote!
For information about where to vote or how to vote early as well as sample ballots for any upcoming election, visit the Secretary of State’s website, called the My Voter Page.
By typing your name, birth date and county, you can get the following information:
- Voter registration status
- Polling place location for Election Day voting
- Sample ballot customized by voting district
- Early voting locations and times
- Elected Officials for state-wide and state district offices
- Mail-In absentee ballot application and ballot status
Voters who choose not to vote in person may apply to Vote-by-Mail by submitting an application to the Cobb County Elections Office at P.O. Box 649, Marietta, GA 30061-0649 or by faxing an application to 770-528-2458. Applications are available at www.cobbelections.org.
All precincts have been approved by the Kennesaw City Council and the Cobb County Board of Elections & Registration; polls will be open November 5, 2019 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the election will be held in the following precincts:
- Kennesaw KE1A – Influencers Church Kennesaw, 1455 Ben King Road NW
- Kennesaw KE2A – Kennesaw Mountain HS, 1898 Kennesaw Due West Rd
- Kennesaw KE3A – Ben Robertson Community Center, 2753 Watts Drive
- Kennesaw KE4A – Kennesaw First Baptist Church, 2958 N. Main Street
- Kennesaw KE5A – Legacy Park Clubhouse, 4201 Legacy Park Circle
Cobb County Board of Elections & Registration will mail notices 30 days before the election to voters who will be assigned a new precinct.
There are several ways you can register to vote:
- Register to vote when you get your driver’s license
- Register at any Cobb County Library when you apply for a library card, or any time you are at a library you may pick up a blank application and mail it in yourself
- Pick up an application at government service centers, city halls, or senior centers
- Call the Cobb County Elections office at (770) 528-2581 and they will mail you an application
Come to the Board of Elections office, 736 Whitlock Ave., Suite 400, Marietta GA 30064, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.