In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, the Kennesaw Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers effective July 12th, 2021.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK® or calling the toll-free number below.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing and payroll
Prohibited Off-Duty Employment*:
- Escort or limousine services
- Establishments where alcohol is sold, distributed or served (inside package stores, bars or licensed liquor, beer, wine establishments that have authority for consumption on premises – officers may, upon approval of the Chief of Police or his/her designee, provide police services outside said establishments. Examples of permissible employment would be a grocery store, convenience store, family-type restaurant, a wedding, etc.).
- Private clubs requiring bouncers or related duties to include checking ID’s
- Private investigation agencies
- Bodyguard or escort services for transporting merchandise
- Pawn Brokers
- Contracted Wrecker Services
- Employers known to have a lawsuit or administrative hearing pending involving the Kennesaw Police Department or the City of Kennesaw of the State of Georgia
- Any use of department personnel that is not in the best interest of the department
- Additionally, employment of officers in uniform outside the corporate limits of the City is prohibited without expressed written approval of the Chief of Police or his/her designee for each occasion
*PLEASE NOTE: the above list is not all-inclusive and questions regarding permitted activity should be forwarded to Off Duty Management.
Total Billable Hourly
|Regular Rate – Holiday **||$70.20|
|Regular Rate – Emergency ***||$58.50|
|Events* – Holiday **||$76.05|
|Events* – Emergency***||$64.35|
|Traffic – Holiday **||$81.90|
|Traffic – Emergency ***||$70.20|
- Four (4) hours minimum per request
- 72 hours prior to shift start is required for requests
*Events where alcohol is being served.
**Holiday Rates apply 12:00 AM -11:59 PM on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Presidents’ Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
***Emergency rates apply when a request is received less than 72 hours prior to the start of the shift.
Cancelation Policy: Once an assignment has been approved and scheduled; vendors canceling or reducing assignments are required to pay the full ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. Vendors canceling or reducing assignments within 48 hours of the start of the assignment are required to pay the greater of officer hours worked or the agency minimum hours plus ODM administrative fees for the first 24 hours of the original assignment. (Admin fees depend on the coverage and can range from $6.80 – $11.90 per hour.)
Request Service:Visit Officertrak® Website
Or call Off Duty Management 24/7 Toll-Free at 1-877-636-8300