What are the State Licensing Requirements?

Posted by kennesaw_admin on

Just like plumbers, electricians and HVAC contractors, beginning July 1, 2008 residential and general contractors became required to have a Georgia state card that specifies the type of construction work they are allowed to perform. This does not replace your local business license – when permitting you will be required to have both. To find out more on these requirements, you can go to the Secretary of State website and read O.C.G.A 43-31-14.