Cobb County DOT has commenced work to conduct a Scoping Study for the area of Cobb Parkway at McCollum Parkway/Kennesaw Due West Road and Old 41 Highway.
The County’s objectives of this study are to:
• Understand and analyze the existing traffic patterns
• Accommodate the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approved safety zone at Cobb International Airport
• Promote the involvement of all stakeholders in the study area
• Develop at least three minimum conceptual alternatives
• Select a preferred alternative
• Evaluate the relative cost, feasibility, and constructability of alternative alignments and sections in logical phases or segments
They are asking the public to give input on existing conditions in the project area, and have provided two ways for the public to provide comments on the conditions.
The link in bio provides a fun and interactive way for members of the public to provide comments on current issues in the project area
The first public meeting is scheduled for May 11, between 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the Kennesaw Community Center, located at 2753 Watts Drive. This will be in an open house format with a looping presentation, so members of the public are invited to drop by at any point to learn more about the project and to ask questions of the project team staff.