Depot Park is located in downtown Kennesaw, 2828 Cherokee Street, across from the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History. The park serves as the backdrop for many city events, provides passive recreation to residents and welcomes visitors to our historical community.
Depot Park features:
- One fenced-in playground
- Open playfield
- Walking trail
- Picnic tables and benches
- Historic Train Depot
- Carrie House
- Depot Tunnel Amphitheatre
- Coming Soon: Parks Updates & Amphitheater
The Carrie House was built in 1890 and owned by Benjamin H. Carrie a local Downtown Kennesaw merchant.
Historic Train Depot
The Depot was constructed in 1908 by the Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis Railroad and was originally used as a freight and passenger Depot, with two passenger waiting rooms added to the north end of the Depot in the 1920s. The City restored the building that is now used as a Welcome Center, centerpiece and stage for City-sponsored special events and other activities throughout the year. Interested in renting the Depot? Please visit The Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History’s website.
The Tunnel Amphitheatre at Depot Park provides seating for up to 60 attendees. This location is perfect for an array of special events including performances, weddings and small lectures. The Tunnel Amphitheatre does have limited electrical.