Swift-Cantrell Park’s 1.5 acre off-leash dog park has 6-foot-high perimeter fencing, three separate run areas (for large, medium and small dogs), a watering station, dog wash area, and disposable plastic waste bags and receptacle stations. Hours of operation are from 6 AM to 10 PM.
Dog Park Rules
- Park users and dog owners assume all risk related to dog park usage.
- Dog owner/handler must be at least 18 years old, and is legally financially responsible for the actions of their dog.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed inside the off-leash area, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated with tags displayed on the collar.
- Limit of 3 dogs per person, per visit.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash until inside the double-gated entry area. Enter the first gate with the leash on and remove it prior to entering the second gate. Do the reverse when leaving.
- The following dogs are not allowed in the park: vicious, dangerous, or aggressive dogs; sick dogs; dogs in heat; and puppies under 6 months of age.
- Dogs must be under voice control and sight of owner/handler at all times, and the owner/handler must have a leash in their possession at all times.
- Owners/handlers must immediately clean up and properly dispose of waste left by their dogs, and must cover up any holes dug by their dogs.
- No food, drinks, treats or smoking are allowed in the off-leash area.
- All bites are to be reported. If a bite occurs, you must exchange your name and telephone number with the other owner/handler. Only dogs less than 30 pounds are allowed in the small dog area.
- Commercial activity and/or professional training is prohibited.