Reserve a picnic area for your next social gathering! Swift-Cantrell Park has three 1,320-square-foot open-air pavilions, each with enough picnic tables to accommodate 60 people. Each pavilion has two charcoal grills. There is no lighting under the pavilions and no electrical outlets.
How to reserve a picnic pavilion
Reservations can be made online and are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations must be made a minimum of two weeks in advance. Full payment and refundable (damage/cleaning) deposit is due at the time of reservation.
The City of Kennesaw reserves the right to refuse application for good cause or to revoke the rental applicant’s permit privileges. If this occurs, we will attempt to notify you as soon as possible.
- Kennesaw city resident: $20 per hour (2 hour minimum)
- Non-resident: $40 per hour (2 hour minimum)
You are considered a city resident if you live within the incorporated city limits of Kennesaw. You are considered a non-resident if you live outside the incorporated city limits of Kennesaw. A Kennesaw postal address does not, in itself, determine residency.
Rules & Policies
- Pavilions may be reserved Monday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Rentals require a two (2) hour minimum.
- No one under 18 years of age is permitted to reserve facilities. Rental applicant must provide adequate supervision.
- Rental applicant is responsible for leaving pavilion site in a clean and orderly condition by the rental end time. This includes the disposing of all waste in trash cans, wiping down all picnic tables (including seating), cleaning up all spills, and extinguishing charcoal fires (if grills were used). If picnic tables are moved, they must be returned to their original location. Failure to comply will result in loss of security deposit.
- Rental time must include setup and clean up. Please allow appropriate time for setup before the event and clean up after the event.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we do not guarantee the condition of the pavilion upon arrival, or parking availability.
- All vehicles must park in parking lots.
- No tents or canopies are permitted.
- No signage may be erected.
- If grilling is desired, rental applicant must use in-park supplied grills.
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited.
- The use of tobacco/e-cigarettes products is prohibited.
- Amplified sound is prohibited. Please keep music at an acceptable (low) volume so that it will not infringe upon other park users or adjacent neighbors.
- Commercial use of the pavilions is prohibited. No sales of any kind may take place without prior approval from the Parks & Recreation Director.
- No special entertainment and equipment (e.g., moonwalks, dunk tanks or inflatables) are permitted.
- Animals are not permitted under the pavilions.
- No decorations or temporary fixtures may be affixed to pavilions, picnic tables or grills with tape, nails, tacks, staples, or any application that will cause irreversible damage.
- Cancellation Policy: Rentals cancelled in writing 15 days prior to the event date will be subject to a cancellation fee of $15. No refunds will be given for cancellations made with less than 15 days notice.
- Inclement Weather Policy: Refunds will not be issued due to weather conditions (e.g. rain, sleet, snow, ice, etc.) existing on your event date, however a credit will be issued towards a future rental and/or program registration.