Actively Recruiting Police Officers
The first step in the hiring process is successful completion of the physical agility test. No appointment for testing is necessary. Please dress in appropriate attire for physical exercise and bring a photo ID. View a complete description of the physical fitness standards.
All physical agility testing is conducted at the Ben Robertson Community Center, located at 2753 Watts Drive.
2020 Testing Dates:
- January 10, 8am
- January 24, 8am
- February 7, 8am
- February 21, 8am
- March 6, 8am
- March 20, 8am (CANCELED)
- April 3, 8am (CANCELED)
- April 24, 8am (CANCELED)
- May 1, 8am (CANCELED)
- May 15, 8am
- June 5, 7am
- June 19, 7am
- July 10, 7am (CANCELED)
- July 24, 7am
- August 14, 8am
- August 28, 8am
- September 11, 8am
- September 25, 8am
- October 9, 8am
- October 23, 8am
- November 6, 8am
- November 20, 8am
- December 4, 8am
- December 18, 8am
APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROVIDED UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE PHYSICAL AGILITY TEST.
Contact Lt Adam Hainline at 770.422.2505 Ext. 3039 or email with questions.
The City of Kennesaw Police Department is a progressive and innovative agency serving a diverse population of over 32,000 in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Kennesaw was named “One of America’s Top 10 Cities for Families” by Family Circle Magazine and was also recognized in the top ten percent of the 2016 Best Small Cities in America by website WalletHub.
The Kennesaw Police Department is currently accredited by the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police (GACP) and the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
Being a member of the Kennesaw Police Department not only offers an exciting chance to work in a vibrant and rapidly growing community, but also offers one of the best benefits packages in the metro area.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Take Home Car Program
- Education Incentives
- Wellness Program
- Georgia Municipal Association Retirement Program
- Signing Bonus: $3,000 for GA POST Certified Officers with at least 3 years of experience to be paid at the completion of probation
- Referral Bonus: $500 to any Police Department employee who successfully recruits a new officer; paid at the completion of probation
- Differential Pay: $1 per hour for police who work evening shift (6 pm to 6 am)
- Differential Pay: $1 per hour for active PTOs
All Police Applicants are required to complete the following:
- Physical Agility Test (complete before applying)
- Ga. POST Academy Entrance Exam (Ga. POST Certified Officers are Exempt)
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Exam/Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Drug Screen
- Hiring Board Interview
For more information regarding employment opportunities with the City of Kennesaw Police Department, contact Lt. Adam Hainline at 770-422-2505 Ext. 3039 or email.
The City of Kennesaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer.