Contact Finance Department

Christy Huiel
2529 J O Stephenson Ave
Kennesaw, GA 30144


Property Tax

Property TaxThe City of Kennesaw Finance Department is responsible for billing, collecting and disbursing city property taxes.  Taxes are generated on property values that are determined by the Cobb County Tax Assessor’s Office. Taxable property includes not only real estate, but also personal property; boats, airplanes and business assets. Cobb County is responsible for collecting the city taxes on motor vehicles, timber and mobile homes – the City of Kennesaw does not directly collect these. Taxes are billed or levied in the fall of each tax year for the period of January 1 through December 31 of that year. Annual property tax bills are mailed October 1 and are due by December 1.

Click here for an informational brochure about the city’s property tax guidelines.

Online Payment Portal

Annual Notice of Assessment

The city offers a tax exemption for residents age 65 and over on annual city property taxes.  You must provide a photocopy of identification such as a Georgia driver’s license to qualify. Apply by April 1 to receive the exemption on the upcoming tax year. Access the application form here: Senior Property Tax Exemption 2019

If you have additional questions, please contact the city property tax administrator.

Other Helpful Links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Finance & Tax

How long does it take to obtain a license?

Processing takes a minimum 24 hours.

Where can I find out about taxes in the City?

The major responsibility of Property Tax Billing is to ensure effective management of all taxes levied by the City which includes: real estate, personal property, and public utilities.

Assessed values are established by the Cobb County Tax Assessor’s Office and are currently calculated at 40 percent of the fair market value.

The public utility assessments are supplied to the City by the State Revenue Department.

Taxes on all the above categories are levied in the fall of each year on the assessed valuation of property of the preceding January 1 and are due sixty (60) days from the date of billing.

Ad Valorem taxes on motor vehicles and mobile homes are collected by the Cobb County Tax Commissioner and remitted to the City.

The Tax Division maintains a monthly ledger on these tax payments as they are received.

For more information contact Christy Huiel.

Where do I pay my property taxes?

Please remit payment of property taxes to:

Property Tax Division
City of Kennesaw
2529 J.O. Stephenson Ave
Kennesaw, GA 30144

How do I obtain a tax ID number?

There are two different government agencies that issues tax id numbers:

State: Visit Then click on the “Business Registration” link.
Federal: Visit the IRS website.

What forms of payments are acceptable?

MasterCard, Visa, Cash, Check, Money Order. Make checks and Money Orders payable to the City of Kennesaw.