The Public Works Department provides a wide range of services that have significant economic impact, improve people’s lives and help define the quality of life for residents and visitors. The department’s core services include maintenance and repair of the city’s infrastructure (streets, curb, gutters, and right-of-way); cemetery operations; stormwater maintenance; environmental services; supervision of trash collection and recycling services; fleet maintenance; and capital project management.
Looking for holiday trash collection information? Click here.
Want to remove a tree? Click here.
Need information from Cobb County about burning? Click here.
Want a schedule of upcoming road improvement projects? Click here.
Fill out the Public Works Problem Reporting Form to report issues with any of the following:
- Street or traffic signs down
- Street lights broken or out
- General questions or concerns
Manage Sanitation Collections
Republic Services is the contract vendor responsible for the collection of garbage, recycling, yard waste, and bulk item collection for residential and some commercial areas. Payment options include mail and online; phone payment is available for a $3 additional charge.
Republic observes six holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Please check the homepage for the most current holiday collection information.
The Keep Kennesaw Beautiful environmental committee works diligently to build awareness of the value of recycling and holds electronic recycle events twice a year. Those events will be featured on the homepage in the News section and on the calendar.
Click here for a sanitation collection schedule by neighborhood
Click here for more details about what can be recycled
Click here for a specific recycle schedule
The stormwater utility is responsible for the management and maintenance of the stormwater system that protects our water sources from pollution and improves the overall water quality. Contact Public Works for more information regarding the Stormwater Program.
Provide Project Management
We provide project management oversight of various projects including:
- Community Development Block Grants (over one million dollars spent on construction of new curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and stormwater improvements in Woodland Acres)
- Special-Purpose Local-Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) projects including Old Highway 41 improvements between Barrett and Cobb Parkways; Rutledge Road and Cathy Lane improvements; Pine Mountain Road improvements; and Cherokee Street improvements
Assist with Coordination of Services
Although not specifically under our jurisdiction or control, department staff will help with:
- Sewer and water problems (Cobb County Water)
- Traffic signal problems (Cobb County Department of Transportation)