The Public Works Department provides a wide range of services that have a significant economic impact, improve people’s lives and help define the quality of life for residents and visitors. The department’s core services include maintenance and repair of the city’s infrastructure (streets, curb, gutters, and right-of-way); cemetery operations; stormwater maintenance; environmental services; supervision of trash collection and recycling services; fleet maintenance; and capital project management.
Manage Sanitation Collections
Republic Services is the contract vendor responsible for the collection of garbage, recycling, yard waste, and bulk item collection for residential and some commercial areas. Payment options include mail and online; phone payment is available for a $3 additional charge.
Republic observes six holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Please check the homepage for the most current holiday collection information.
PLEASE CONTACT PUBLIC WORKS FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Request a recycle bin, recycle cart, or trash can
- Report a broken trashcan
- Report missed trash, lawn debris, or recycling collections
For questions about your trash or recycle service, please contact Public Works at 770-421-8582 or via email at email@example.com.
Note: Late charges will be assessed if trash bill payment occurs after the due date. Payment by phone will incur a $3 additional charge.
Fill out the Public Works Problem Reporting Form to report issues with any of the following:
- Street or traffic signs down
- General questions or concerns
For street light repairs/outages please contact your power company at one of the following numbers specifically for street light outages/repairs: Cobb EMC at 770-429-2100 or Georgia Power at 800-870-3942.
The stormwater utility is responsible for the management and maintenance of the stormwater system that protects our water sources from pollution and improves the overall water quality. Contact Public Works for more information regarding the Stormwater Program.
Provide Project Management
We provide project management oversight of various projects including:
- Community Development Block Grants (over one million dollars spent on construction of new curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and stormwater improvements in Woodland Acres)
- Special-Purpose Local-Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) projects including Old Highway 41 improvements between Barrett and Cobb Parkways; Rutledge Road and Cathy Lane improvements; Pine Mountain Road improvements; and Cherokee Street improvements