Jiles Road Improvements – Cherokee Street to Cobb Parkway
- Scope: Three Phase Project that included road widening, stormwater upgrades, and intersection improvements. Phase I – Cherokee Street to Moon Station Road; Phase II – Bridge over CSX Railroad to Moon Station Road; Phase III – Moon Station to Cobb Parkway
Kennesaw Due West @ US 41 Intersection Improvement
- Scope: Extend right & left turn stacking lanes; extend driving lanes, upgrade signal.
Pine Mountain Rd @ US 41 Intersection Improvement
- Scope: Extend right & left turn stacking lanes; extend driving lanes, upgrade signal
Old Highway 41 & Barrett Parkway Intersection Improvement
- Scope: Widen to 6 lanes divided; 10 ft. trail, 5ft. sidewalks, turn lanes and traffic signal.
- Scope: Resurfaced various roads throughout the city (7 miles)
Old Highway 41 – Cobb Parkway to Barrett Parkway
Scope: Widening road, make drainage improvements and install traffic signal at Stanley Road.
Project Schedule: Roadway plan is complete for Old Hwy. 41 and Stanley Road intersection. Right-of-way acquisition is currently underway. (Project ties to Cobb DOT intersection improvement project on Barrett Pkwy.)
Project Budget: $2,576,277
Pine Mountain Court & Cobb Parkway
Scope: Add right/left turn lanes; storm drain improvements, adjust sidewalks, curb & gutter.
Project Schedule: Final design and ROW purchases complete. Construction will be done in conjunction with the Pine Mountain Road Project.
Project Budget: $200,000
Rutledge Road & North Main Street Project
Scope: Project is being done in two Phases. Phase I: widen N. Main Street/Old Hwy 41 to the city limits, add a northbound center median turn lane to Cathey Lane, extend northbound turn lane into Swift-Cantrell Park and adding a southbound turn lane into Swift Cantrell Park. Phase II encompasses adding a turn signal at the intersection of Swift-Cantrell Park/Cathey Lane, widen Cathey Lane to Rutledge Road and construct a roundabout at the intersection of Cathey Land and Rutledge Road. Both Phases also include sidewalks.
Project Schedule: Phase I – complete; Phase II: Right of way acquisition is underway.
Design consultant: Moreland Altobelli Associates, Inc.
Project Budget: $900,000