Experience community at Kennesaw Parks & Recreation’s first ever Summer Spectacular at Swift-Cantrell Park! The event will be on Wednesday, June 21, from 4:00 – 8:00 PM. Join us for a fun-filled, free summer evening in the park with inflatable amusements, yoga, DJ, skating contests, dog park giveaways, splash pad activities, free popsicles, hot dogs, information on our Fall programs and more! Summer Spectacular is a celebration of enjoying summer at Swift-Cantrell Park with your family, International Go Skateboarding Day, International Day of Yoga and the June Solstice, the longest day of the year. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
Schedule of Events
• Dog Park Giveaways
• Face Painting
• Fall Program Information
• Splash Pad ($3 entry per person)
• Chalk Contest
- Parks & Recreation Staff will judge the entries based on three categories: Most Creative, Most Colorful, Parks & Rec Director's Choice
- Winners will be awarded a prize pack including four (4) splash pad entry passes, Kennesaw Parks & Recreation towel, Kennesaw Parks & Recreation sunglasses and a Kennesaw Parks & Recreation fidget popper!
• Free Hot Dogs (While Supplies Last)
• Skate Contests
• Free Yoga Session with Instructor Dipti Mody. Register online!
• Cornhole Challenge
- Each player must line up behind the starting line and not cross it as they toss the bag.
- EACH PLAYER WILL TAKE A TURN TOSSING THREE CORNHOLE BAGS, ONE AT A TIME, FROM A DESIGNATED STARTING POINT.
- There will be an adult distance and a child distance. Adults will be blindfolded.
- Where the bags land will determine what level of prize you can choose.
History of Event Components
International Go Skateboarding Day
• Go Skateboarding Day was created by the International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC) in 2004, to promote events in major cities around the world to help make skateboarding more accessible. The goal has always been to encourage more people to skate for the first time. With Go Skateboarding Day being on the longest day of the year, skaters have more daylight hours to partake in their favorite activity.
• Source: https://www.goskate.com/top/go-skateboarding-day
International Day of Yoga
• The International Day of Yoga aims to raise awareness worldwide of the many benefits of practicing yoga. Yoga is an ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India. The word ‘yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness.
Recognizing its universal appeal, on 11 December 2014, the United Nations proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga.
• Source: https://www.un.org/en/observances/yoga-day
• A solstice is an event in which a planet’s poles are most extremely inclined toward or away from the star it orbits. Throughout the year, this means that either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere is tilted toward the sun and receives the maximum intensity of the sun’s rays. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, meaning it experiences the maximum intensity of the sun’s rays and has the most hours of sunlight. The June solstice is the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere.
• Source: https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/solstice
The City of Kennesaw's Summer Spectacular would not be possible without the support of local businesses and organizations.
For more information on Sponsorship, please email our Partnerships & Events Specialist, Mara Clauson.
Kennesaw Parks & Recreation seeks willing hearts and helping hands to assist with set-up, execution and breakdown of event activities. Assistance is needed the day of event to hand out prizes, check-in attendees, serving food and beverages, games and more.
We invite you to explore our list of volunteer opportunities and sign-up for a volunteer shift on our registration website, CivicRec. Please select “Volunteer Opportunities” to see a full list of volunteer opportunities for the Valentine’s Dance Party.
For questions, please email our Partnerships & Events Specialist, Mara Clauson.
Partnership & Events Specialist
(770) 422-9714 x3197
(770) 422-9714 x3028
City of Kennesaw
Parks & Recreation Department
2753 Watts Drive
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
Tel: (770) 422-9714
Fax: (678) 460-3373