The City of Kennesaw Building Services Department provides state-of-the-art services to enhance the building environment. The department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Georgia State Minimum Standard Codes and related procedures for permitting and inspections of buildings within the City.
For more information on Code Enforcement, please visit the Code Enforcement page.
Apply for a construction permit.
Search for your Existing Permit and schedule inspections.
- You will need your permit number and contractor code
Building Code Information
- Atlanta Electrical Contractors
- Building Energy Codes
- Georgia Construction Licensing Board
- Building Officials of Georgia
- International Code Council
- Department of Community Affairs – Georgia Code Amendments
• International Building Code
• International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
• International Fire Code
• International Plumbing Code
• International Mechanical Code
• International Fuel Gas Code
• National Electrical Code
• International Energy Conservation Code
• International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
• For information and questions regarding the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101) or the Georgia Accessibility Code, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office
• Disaster Resilient Building Code IBC Appendix
• Disaster Resilient Building Code IRC Appendix
• International Property Maintenance Code
• International Existing Building Code
• National Green Building Standard;
The Department of Community Affairs (DCA) adopts mandatory State Minimum Standard Codes and Georgia State Amendments which became effective on January 1, 2018.