The City of Kennesaw Building Services Department provides state-of-the-art services to enhance the building environment. The department is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Georgia State Minimum Standard Codes and related procedures for permitting and inspections of buildings within the City.
The City of Kennesaw’s Building Services Department has achieved national accreditation from the International Accreditation Service, a division of the International Code Council. Kennesaw is the only jurisdiction in the state of Georgia and one of only 22 in the U.S. that have earned this prestigious accreditation. Benefits include improved customer service, enhanced staff skills and training, and can result in insurance savings to residential and commercial customers.
Building Code Information
- Atlanta Electrical Contractors
- Building Energy Codes
- Georgia Code Amendments
- Georgia Construction Licensing Board
- Building Officials of Georgia
- International Code Council
• International Building Code
• International Residential Code for One- and Two-Family Dwellings
• International Fire Code
• International Plumbing Code
• International Mechanical Code
• International Fuel Gas Code
• National Electrical Code
• International Energy Conservation Code
• International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
• For information and questions regarding the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101) or the Georgia Accessibility Code, please contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office
• Disaster Resilient Building Code IBC Appendix
• Disaster Resilient Building Code IRC Appendix
• International Property Maintenance Code
• International Existing Building Code
• National Green Building Standard
The Department of Community Affairs has adopted one new mandatory State Minimum Standard Code and new Georgia State Amendments which will become effective on January 1, 2018. This new code and amendments are as follows:
- Mandatory State Code: National Electrical Code, 2017 Edition with no Georgia Amendments
- Georgia State Amendments: 2018 Georgia Amendments to the International Building Code, 2012 Edition; 2018 Georgia Amendments to the International Residential Code, 2012 Edition
Building Services Forms
For Licensing & Permits forms see the Applications, Forms & Permits section of the Document Center.
Inspection Request Information Form
* The Inspection Request Information Form is temporarily disabled, please call Building Services at 770-429-4554.